Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter
The Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter is a remarkably powerful measuring and data logging tool, yet remarkably compact. The Kestrel 5000 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4000. Use it for research, safety, expeditions, agriculture and any other profession or activity where accurate on-the-spot conditions monitoring is key.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5000 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can travel with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5000 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5000 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5000 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes an independent monitoring station, as the large wind vane and precision pivot keep the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed and all other key weather parameters. The Kestrel LiNK app (iOS and Android) also displays the Kestrel’s real-time readings on a vivid, customizable mobile device dashboard by providing a remote display that functions up to 100’ away (line of sight). The Kestrel 5000 meter can also be stored and carried in the Vane Mount belt pouch. The entire kit weighs just 10.5 ounces / 295 grams and is just 2.5 x 3 x 8.5 inches / 6.5 x 7.5 x 22 cm in size.
- Barometric pressure
- Pressure trend
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Dew point
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Waterproof and floats
- Easy to read, backlit screen with high resolution for even bright sunny conditions.
- Time and date
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or .
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph and recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface or Bluetooth)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
What's In The Box:
- (1) Neck Lanyard
- (1) AA Lithium Battery (Approximate Life 400 Hours)
- (1) Protective Drawstring Pouch
- (1) Instruction Manual
- (1) Five Year Warranty