Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter
This Kestrel meter does it all. The Kestrel 5500 provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station – with a large wind vane and precision pivot keeping the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed, wind direction, and all other key weather parameters. The Kestrel LiNK app also displays the Kestrel’s real-time readings on a vivid, customizable dashboard – providing a remote display that functions up to 100’ away. The ENTIRE Kestrel 5500 + Vane Mount kit weighs just 10.5 ounces / 295 grams, and packs into the included padded belt carry pouch that is just 2.5 x 3 x 8.5 inches / 6.5 x 7.5 x 22 cm. Providing hundreds of hours of accurate measurements, the Kestrel 5500 is truly the world’s most compact weather station. The Rotating Vane Mount is included with the 5500 with LiNK, or available for purchase separately. It works with any Kestrel 5 Series meter.
- Heading (true & magnetic)
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 12,000 data points
- Measures all of the parameters required for CAMEO / ALOHA Software and PEAC-WMD software by Aristatek to monitor plume dispersion
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface) Mac or PC
- Works with Android and iPhone Apps!
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
What's In The Box: